Governor Whitmer has declared a state of emergency to maximize efforts and assist local governments and officials to slow the spread of the virus.
There are steps residents can take to prevent the spread of flu and the common cold that will also help prevent COVID-19, including:
- Washing your hands with soap and water.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home if you are sick and contact your healthcare provider.
COVID-19 symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure to the virus. They include:
- Shortness of Breath
MIEMSPA' clinical teams are informed and prepared for any potentially infectious disease patient they may encounter. We are closely engaged with all public health and local healthcare leadership, as well as local and state EMS oversight bodies concerning Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
EMS.gov COVID-19 Resource Page: COVID Resources
COVID and HIPPA Disclosure: Guidance from HHS The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Guidance for EMS
The CDC Persons Under Investigation (PUI) Assessment Instructions
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) COVID-19 Information